Sunday, October 6, 2013

Whole 30, Day 5

Breakfast:
Egg scramble with leftover grilled veggies: zucchini, peppers, onion, topped with 1/2 avocado; banana; water; black coffee

Lunch:
Ground turkey and sweet potato hash with leftover roasted veggies: sweet potato, carrots, onion, zucchini, green beans; salad made with romaine lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with lemon dijon dressing; water


Supper:
Roast beef, carrots, butternut squash topped with coconut oil; water


*I made mashed potatoes for the rest of the family, but I had squash instead.
I tried to make ghee (like clarified butter--has the milk solids removed and is the only form of dairy approved for the Whole 30), but I think I used too high of a heat setting and it was dark brown, almost black, instead of golden brown. I'll try again another day.

Snack:
A few roasted squash seeds (roasted in olive oil with sea salt) and a few raspberries picked along the trail on our evening walk

I didn't feel so hungry today, although I really felt like eating something sweet.  I didn't give in, though!

*A note about meat--the Whole 30 plan recommends using high quality, grass-fed and organic meat and organic veggies/fruit.  I'm sure there are sources of the good stuff around here, but what I've seen at the grocery store is very expensive and just not in the budget. Even eating conventionally raised food has to be better than the processed stuff.  We have been eating out of the garden and buying some at the Farmer's Market, so every little bit makes a difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment