Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Whole 30, Day 1

More on the Whole 30 challenge later, but here's what I ate on Day 1:
Breakfast--Omelet with two eggs, broccoli, onion and tomato cooked in coconut oil, black coffee and water.
Lunch--Lettuce salad with cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, black olives, tuna and lemon vinaigrette.  After I ate the tuna, I read the label and found it has a trace of soy in it, a no-no for the Whole 30, so I've since found a brand that doesn't not have soy.
Supper--Country Style pork ribs, baked sweet potato, green beans from the garden.  I think the sweet potatoes were old; they didn't taste very good.
Snack--Generally, snacking is discouraged on the Whole 30 plan.  I did eat Larabars (which are made from dried fruit and nuts; my favorite is the Cherry pie which has dates, dried cherries and cashews) a few times a week through the challenge to get me through.
Lemon Vinaigrette
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (also no Whole 30 complaint as one ingredient is white wine and Whole 30 is an alcohol-free plan)
3 T. lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
Put ingredients in small jar.  Put the lid on and shake until ingredients are combined.  Shake again before use.  Store in refrigerator.

I felt pretty hungry a good part of the day, but not in the low blood sugar way I previously felt (shakiness, sweating, irritability, the "I need to eat now" feeling). 

No comments:

Post a Comment