Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Leftovers

One of the great things about hosting Thanksgiving is the leftovers you get to eat! We ate our Thanksgiving meal at around 4 p.m. on Thursday. We've been eating leftovers ever since!
Friday lunch--Everyone loaded up their plate with what they wanted and heated it up in the microwave
Friday supper--The kids and I had turkey quesadillas (just chopped up turkey and shredded cheddar cheese between two tortillas, heated in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted; serve with sour cream and/or salsa) and Barry had grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches.
Saturday--I picked the extra meat off the turkey carcass and ended up with about 4 cups. Then I put the carcass in a pot and covered with water. I simmered this for an hour or so, removed the carcass, strained the broth through a towel, and will make turkey soup with it.
Saturday supper--I mixed the leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn with a little sour cream, formed them into patties that I cooked on the griddle. I mixed leftover turkey and gravy and heated up on the stove. I served the turkey mixture over the potato/stuffing patties.
Sunday--Turkey and rice soup for supper, using the bits of turkey that are left and the broth I made yesterday.
That's a lot of meals for a $5 turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment