Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup

Another recipe from allrecipes.com.

6 tablespoons chopped onion
4 tablespoons margarine (I used butter)
6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (I used 3 cups pureed squash I had previously baked)
3 cups water
4 cubes chicken bouillon (I used 1 can chicken broth and 1 bouillon cube/1 cup water)
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (I did not use)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (I used 1 package, which I think was plenty)
  1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
  2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment