Monday, November 30, 2009

Cranberry Jell-o

I didn't serve traditional cranberry sauce with our turkey (I doubt the kids would have eaten it), but they sure like the Jell-o I made. This recipe has been in Sunday coupon supplements. It's also on the Kraft Foods website as Cranberry Pineapple Minis. I didn't make it in muffin tins as suggested, but in one big bowl.

2-3 oz. boxes raspberry Jell-l
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 can crushed pineapple
1 apple, chopped

Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to make 2 1/2 cups. Bring liquid to a boil. Add to Jell-o in large bowl, stirring 2 minutes until dissolved.
Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple and apple. Refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or until firm. (I made this the night before.)
The original recipe also calls for 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, which I did not include.

No comments:

Post a Comment