Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bread Pudding

This recipe is from allrecipes.com, the Bread Pudding III.

10 slices white bread, cut into cubes (I used dry buns)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
6 eggs, beaten (I would use probably 4 eggs if I use this recipe again)
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups hot milk (160 degrees F)
1 pinch ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter one 2 quart baking dish.

2. Combine bread cubes, butter, cinnamon and raisins; mix well and place in baking dish.

3. Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add milk, mix well and pour over bread cubes.

4. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 25 minutes. (I baked mine an additional 15 minutes or so, as it didn't seem to be setting up at 25 minutes.)
And in my opinion, serve hot with vanilla ice cream on top. The combination of the hot bread pudding and the cold ice cream is soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment