- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 2 cups warm milk (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
I've made this with and without the glaze--it's great either way! Like all homemade bread, it dries out quickly, but makes wonderful toast with honey; it also works for french toast.
It's obviously been awhile since I updated this blog, because now I realize I already posted this recipes. Oops!