Monday, June 6, 2011

Ham Tetrazzini

Another recipe from allrecipes.com, this is a great way to use up leftover ham.

2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I also added a bit of shredded Swiss cheese that I needed to use up)
1 cup diced ham
6 ounces spaghetti (I used wide egg noodles)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I did not add parsley)
2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (I did not use these)

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute chopped onion in butter until tender.

Stir in cream of mushroom soup, water, and shredded cheese. Heat mixture until cheese melts, stirring often.

Add ham, cooked and drained pasta, chopped pimento, and chopped parsley to saucepan; stir.
Stir until heated through, serve hot!
I also added a sprinkle of Parmesan right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment