Monday, June 7, 2010

Pea and Cauliflower Salad

I was looking for a way to use a nice big head of organic cauliflower, so I found this recipe on allrecipes.com for Pea and Cauliflower Salad. I made a half recipe; I think making the whole recipe would be great for a BBQ or other gathering, but for our family half was enough.

3 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced celery (I didn't have any celery, but I added some thinly sliced carrots)
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used light sour cream)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cashew nuts
  1. Mix the peas, cauliflower, olives, and celery together in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk the ranch dressing, yogurt, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Pour over pea mixture, and stir until ingredients are evenly coated. Sprinkle cashews on top just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment