Monday, April 26, 2010

Pineapple Meatballs

This was a huge hit in our house!

1 tsp. oil

1 large red pepper, chopped (I used red and orange peppers from the freezer)

1 onion, chopped (I omitted the onion because the meatballs I used had onion in them)

1/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce

1 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. garlic powder

2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved (I used 1 large can of pineapple)

12 oz. (3/4 of 1-lb. pkg.) frozen cooked meatballs (I used my basic meatball recipe but made the meatballs about half the size I normally do. Then I sauteed them until they were cooked through. I did this earlier in the day so when I cooked the rest of the meal, the meatballs were ready.)

2 cups instant white rice, uncooked (I cooked brown rice)

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.

STIR in barbecue sauce, ginger, garlic powder and reserved pineapple liquid. Add meatballs; mix lightly until evenly coated. Cook 10 min. or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.

STIR pineapple into meatball mixture. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment