From Parenting magazine
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
2 T. olive oil
3/4 cup half and half
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup grated Swiss cheese (about 4 oz.)
3/4 cup cooked ham, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place the crust in a pie pan, according to the package directions.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the onion is lightly browned. Season with the salt and the nutmeg. Set onion aside to cool slightly.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and the half and half.
4. Spoon the onion mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle in the cheese and ham. Pour in the egg mixture.
5. Put the quiche in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until just set. Allow it to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.