Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sausage Potato Soup

I got this recipe from the What's for Dinner? blog

1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, diced (I used regular smoked sausage)
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (I often use Yukon Golds and leave the skin on)
2 cups frozen corn
1-1/2 cups chicken broth (I used enough broth to cover the veggies while they cooked)
1 celery rib, sliced
1/4 cup sliced carrot (I used two carrots)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (I did not used parsley)

Directions
In a large saucepan, brown sausage; drain. Set sausage aside. In the same pan, (I used a different pan because I started the veggies cooking while the sausage was browning.)
combine the potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until
cheese is melted and soup is heated through.

Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment