- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca (I didn't have any tapioca, so I added an extra tablespoon of cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I increased the brown sugar, oatmeal and flour to about 2/3 cup each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
In a large bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and salt. Place rhubarb and raspberries into bowl making sure to completely coat them with dry ingredients. Pour into baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and oats. Cut in butter until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs. Spread on top of fruit mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
Tastes good plain; tastes even better with whipped cream or ice cream.