Monday, November 12, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

More menu plans at orgjunkie.com!

My mission this week is to use up items in my freezer to make room for a turkey.  We'll be going out of town for Thanksgiving, but I'm still buying a turkey because they're so cheap this time of year, and we'll make it for our own family another day.  I made brownies over the weekend and used up the pail of ice cream that was taking up a lot of room.  We'll have smoothies for snack or breakfast a couple times this week to use up some frozen fruit.  Here's what we're eating this week:

Sunday--I used the sweet Italian sausage in the freezer and the spaghetti squash on the counter and also sauteed some garlic/onions/bell peppers/diced Italian tomatoes.  Added the sausage to the veggies and served it over the spaghetti squash.

Pile of peppers

Monday--Roast from the freezer, trying the new Green Giant Seasoned Steamers, and a veggie

Tuesday--Chicken stir fry with brown rice, using chicken and peppers from the freezer

Wednesday--Turkey meatloaf using ground turkey from the freezer, sweet potatoes, veggie

Thursday--Hot ham and cheese sandwiches and sweet potato fries (from the freezer, of course!) with fruit

Friday--Homemade pizza, will use pepperoni, peppers, cheese from the freezer

Saturday--Homemade vegetable soup that is in jars in the freezer, just thawed and heated in the crock pot, with homemade bread

I won't be grocery shopping until Saturday or Sunday, so I think I'll be able to make room for the turkey!

For bread last week, I made Caraway Swirl Rye Bread from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment