Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

Every once in awhile I see something in my freezer that's been there for some time and needs to be used up. The other day I found a small container of pureed pumpkin so I made some mini pumpkin chocolate chips muffins using this recipe on allrecipes.com. I had about 1/2 cup pumpkin, so I made a half batch. The pumpkin was a little watery, making the batter on the thin side, so I added a little extra flour.
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I did not use cloves.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. (I did about 15 minutes for the mini muffins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment