Monday, February 14, 2011

Kale Chips Fail

Fresh kale

I'm always looking for new ways to introduce healthy foods to my family. I've read in several places about baking kale to make kale chips, so I decided to give it a try. Raina and I rinsed the kale and broke it off the tough stems. I laid it out on a sheet pan, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. The directions I read called for 20-30 minutes cook time, so I set the timer for 15 minutes. Unfortunately the kale was overcooked at this point, burnt on the edges. We tried a few that were the least burnt, but had to throw most of them out.
I read reviews that compared the kale chips to potato chips. Other than the crispiness, I didn't get the similarity. Maybe some day we'll try again, but not for awhile!

Burnt to a crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment