Raina really likes it when Barry makes her "drippy eggs" for breakfast. She found this idea in a Summer Activities book we have and wanted to try it.
1 slice of bread
1 medium egg
Large cookie cutter
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip a paper towel into some butter and rub it all over a baking sheet.
- Spread butter on one side of the bread. Press the cutter into the middle of it.
- Lift out the shape you have cut. Put the pieces of bread onto the baking sheet, butter side up. Break the egg onto a saucer. Then, carefully slide the egg into the hole you have cut.
- Bake them for seven minutes at the top of your oven, or for a little longer if you don't like a runny yolk.
- Use a spatula to lift the pieces of bread carefully onto a plate. Eat them while warm.