Monday, September 28, 2009

Stir Fry

The original recipe for Stir Fry Chicken and Broccoli came from my Calvinette (now Gems) cookbook. I've made some adjustments over time.

1 lb. chicken breast strips (I've also used pork and shrimp)
2 T. oil
4 cups veggies (broccoli, pepper strips, water chestnuts) (I've also used carrots in this, or occassionally a frozen stir fry veggie mix)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 T. soy sauce
2 T. cornstarch
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 to 2 cups Minute Rice (I never use Minute Rice, just cook some brown rice to go with it.)

Stir fry chicken in hot oil in large skillet until browned. Add vegetables. Stir fry until crisp tender.

I love the colorful veggies!

Mix broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger. Add to skillet. Bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened.

Liquid added, needs to thicken.

Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed on package. Serve chicken and vegetables over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment