Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes and Asparagus

1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I didn't have fresh garlic, so I sprinkled with garlic powder)
4 tsp. dried rosemary (I didn't measure, just sprinkled the rosemary and thyme)
4 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. kosher salt (I used regular salt)
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. (I would spray the dish with cooking spray to prevent the potatoes from sticking) In a large baking dish, toss the red potatoes with 1/2 the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and 1/2 the kosher salt. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil, and remaining salt. Cover and continue cooking 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Remove foil and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper; serve.
When I made this, the potatoes were nearly cooked when I took them out to add the asparagus, so 15 minutes initially should be enough, plus and additional 10-15 with the asparagus (including the 5-10 minutes without foil). Just use a fork to test if the potatoes are tender/done.

No comments:

Post a Comment